Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sourdough bread, sowing seeds, knitting and a new project

I thought earlier this week, that I may have ruined the sourdough starter but after reading up, I saved it. You can watch my YouTube video on how I make the bread. Icon on the left of my post.





My daughter and grandsons called while it was baking and I overdid it. The inside was fine though.




I have 3 knitting projects on the go and that’s ok. In one night of knitting, I will switch projects a few times as my fingers get sore. It’s quite effective as different needles, sizes and types put pressure on different joints. These are fingerless mitts done using leftover sock yarns which I’m hoping will be good for sketching outdoors in spring.



I started another small sweater in acrylic for Gussie.



Gussie wearing another sweater I did in chunky merino.



On my design wall right now- the beginning of an idea,






As I show in my YouTube video, I sowed some seeds yesterday.  Veggies, flowers and chamomile. I’d like to dry some for tea.



I finished a little crocheted bunny cup. It needs a nice and eyes. I will put a few little treats in it before I mail them for Ollie and Gussie my grandkids.






I live lots of plants in m6 house, especially hanging ones. Hubby put this one up in my new shower. It makes me happy although it needs turning repotting.


I have several hand dyed silk scarves that I did a few years ago. This one was wrapped and boiled with natural dyes.
I needed a birthday gift and decided this week to add some screen printing to the ends.



I used a gold metallic Setacolor fabric paint and a personally designed screen. I will go back to add a different colour center.



I did 2 different ones; now, I have to do the other ends and the flower centres.



I have a new grand nephew and this is to b3 the label for his quilt.
I will free motion quilt it.





Hopefully, I’ll get it mailed this week.

As I write, I’m stretched out with the heating pad on my back. Maybe I overdid it this weekend!


No comments: