Thursday, October 8, 2020

Autumn inspiration and creativity

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been doing a little wildflower scavenging. No matter the distance I can walk,  there is always a new fall seed head  that I haven’t seen before. I love looking, gathering and using them as inspiration. It’s like a treasure hunt for me.



While I’ve seen many Queen Anne’s lace seed heads, the brilliant wine color of of these is new to me. 




I found this odd looking one-seemed like a twig covered in little green beads. They felt hard like plastic touch.



I may have to break down and get myself an APP that will identify plants.








I’ve been spending a lot of time seated at my table playing with watercolour paints on various papers. I cut them out and store them for future use in decoupage.
I started doing some of this back in March and got inspired  to do more when I read about the Painted Paper project on line. They’ve been offering a course free of charge but I believe it’s almost up.







I decoupaged 3 cards to put in the mail to family with our grandson photos.










I’m having a lot of fun with the paints right now. It’s so much fun to drop paint onto different papers, not having to worry about perfection. I like to add pen and ink before cutting them out.

On my birthday this week I decided to do some Gelli printing something I haven’t done in a while. Since we were picking up supper, I could spread out on the kitchen island and keep going until dropped, lol.



This one is done on copy paper.



And this on deli paper.




These are on fabric.





It’s been a while since I’ve Gelli printed and now I have more ideas of things to try. First though, I want  to go through all my old phone books which I use to press foliage, and organize them as I like to use certain leaves together.



After that day, I’ve been tired and relaxing a bit by doing some easy machine sewing. I put the village houses together yesterday and today I started putting small borders onto it.




The narrow green borders are on and I’ve chosen the blue for the final border.



I also tried a different mask pattern and tried it out. It took about 10 minutes to make. There is no nose wire because if the shape. I found it firs really well and the glasses go over top which prevents most eyeglass fog.



Gussie seems really infatuated with big brother, for now, lol.



I just finished making this tuque for myself with merino hand dyed yarn. 



And I’m working on this sweater in a size two.p with a cotton yarn.






No comments: