Friday, October 23, 2020

Autumn colors fiber art



In the studio this morning,  I got back to work on the autumn scene. I couldn’t wait to get at it. I may have spent a few too many hours though as I’m paying for it now, lol. It’s just that  I haven’t felt this inspired and creative for a while and I want to do as much as I can.

The basic layers are on and I started free motion stitching some distance shapes.





It was a bit of a grey day with only a few showers and still a nice light coming through the window.



I’m ready to start snipping  slivers of light and dark grey fused fabrics for the distant trees.



It’s painstaking work. Relaxing music helps my hands and thoughts slow and  and I become quite absorbed.



I auditioned the bright leaves before I left it for the day. There are still larger trees left to add. Also, I want to do some needle  thread lace I n golds and white that I will need later. So, I think I’m about 1/4 done at this point.



Mid afternoon, I had a cup of green tea and a fresh cranberry orange muffin with flax and walnuts that I’d mixed up at lunch time.


Made with fresh cranberries.



I have started knitting a Christmas stocking for grand baby Gussie.




No comments: