Sunday, February 7, 2010

Promised picture


I finally got the birthday gift to my friend, so I can post the picture of the postcard that was part of her gift. It is made as mentioned earlier with a layer of torn tissue paper and ephemera glued to a natural cotton base and then painted. I rubbed with a silver Shiva Painstick for the tree branches. There is a real paper stamp under the chiffon. The Inukshuk symbol is meaningful to my friend, Anne-- she built one at their camp. I also used bits of leftover Angelina fibers that she actually gave to me. The moon is fused, the music notes free motion stitched. I love doing these little projects! Here is a view of the back.
The rest of today I spent finishing up some projects. Once I get near to the end of something and can see what it will look like, I'm often guilty of leaving it at that point. Luckily, I'm not the only one who does that or we wouldn't have invented UFO Days which are such fun. Some of us have more UFO's than others though. I know a certain someone who has way more than me, so I don't feel so bad!
I got my little pillow put together, and then I put the lining in the sewing machine cover. I was using it with raw edges on the bottom! all in all, a satisfying day.

No comments: