Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sunny days

When it's sunny, I like to spend part of my day puttering around outside and often it's the time that I would have spent in my studio. Today was one of those days.

I potted up a tomato plant that didn't seem to be in a good spot, weeded a bit and trimmed a few low hanging branches from the hedge.

The raised bed has completely filled out. I've been picking radishes and must look for a recipe. I saw one for refrigerator pickled radishes on the net that I think I'll check out.

Everything in the yard has filled in after the rain.

The pots on the deck are coming along too. I've got pots of lettuce growing in various stages.


On rainy days and rest times, I've been doing lots of mindless, meditative knitting. I've been enjoying it so much that I started a third baby afghan.

I'm still trying to figure out the colour layout of the swoon block. Organic fiber art comes more naturally to me. Picturing finished geometric quilt block pieces is difficult; where as, I can picture most of my fiber art in my head. Once I get started, I can see obvious things like in the Swoon block below. I'm going to change the color of the inner star points.

I need to get one block together so I can move it to a project box for quilting days and get back to my art.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Laurel's Stitches said...

You have a lot going on, Holly! Your garden looks great; I spent most of yesterday and all of this morning in mine! It is that time of year, isn't it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who spends time questioning the colours chosen for a geometric quilt. I have more than one quilt that I put together and then wished I had eliminated one or two colours/fabrics from the bunch.

Good luck! Thanks for posting to TN&TN!