Thursday, June 11, 2015

Muffins, sprouts, knitting, sewing, garden

Even though I seem to think I'm pretty slow moving (I fell asleep right after breakfast 2 days in a row), I seem to get up to lots of stuff. I did one small cleaning job this morning. I like to do that; moving about helps to wake me up. Then, I made healthy blueberry oatmeal muffins. They have oatmeal, hemp hearts, applesauce, blueberries, walnuts, and almond milk. Yummy.

Here is the link to the blog and the recipe.

Ambitious kitchen

I've got another small pot of pea sprouts going by my kitchen window. I snipped a few for the top of my salad.




While I was photographing the pot of shoots, the female hummingbird showed up. The iridescent colors on their wings are amazing. We don't usually see the males with the shiny red throats at first.





This afternoon, I had to do some more mundane sewing, but then I did another patch of thread lace for the foam on my surfing piece so that I can get to finishing it up.


I switched to a heavier thread which, once done, I noticed that it was a little yellower than the finer one. I was about to stitch over it when I remembered that the bobbin was white, so I can just flip the pieces over.

I never tire of the ever changing view "through my window". My raised bed is growing! There are beans, carrots, Brussels sprouts, a few beets, beans, and onions.





It's been almost 3 weeks since our anniversary when my husband gave me roses. I've kept them because I find they're just as pretty as they dry.



Lastly, I've been knitting away on another baby afghan. This is the second one that I've done from the blue cotton that I unraveled from a  sweater. The pattern is Feather and Fan and it is fun to knit! I just hope the mothers will appreciate that it should be cold water washed and hung to dry!



All in all a good day. Now, I must take a snack break and sit to finish the binding on a baby quilt. My niece has just had her little girl, Maggie last night. I need to finish it and get it mailed.

2 comments:

beth s said...

Oh! I love that baby afghan. I'm going to keep that stitch in mind!

Mereknits said...

I am glad you are getting your rest, you need it. But look at all the wonderful things you have to share, the blanket is so wonderful.
Hugs to you,
Meredith