Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Stitching the tulips

Yesterday was a rainy day and today a grey day which I don't mind because I really wanted to get a sewing job done for my husband and get back to some fun stitching. I've also gotten some much needed housework done. I vacuumed downstairs a bit this morning in the cold room and the central room. I did one load of wash and mopped one floor.

Then, I felt free to come into the sewing room this afternoon.

I've finally got my tulip piece all ironed and under the needle for some thread painting. I used a bit of medium and a lighter orange so far.


I really like this stage when the images start to come alive.

Typically, I do some thread painting and then I back the piece with batting and do some final quilting.






2 comments:

Linda H said...

Looking good! The thread painting gives it such dimension.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Thanks for talking about doing some thread painting before sewing to the batting and backing.