Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wings

I've been squeezing in bits of time in my studio in between my gardening and resting. Yesterday, I got more of my veggie garden ready for the plants. It supposedly went down to 0C last night; I had to do some covering. I waited for today to put anything else into the ground.
At least the cold weather kept the flies away so I could weed and mulch at the back. You can see the darker section that I finished.


Things are starting to flesh out. Even the apple tree seems to have survived the shear trimming that we gave it in early spring. It will have only a few blossoms and few apples but will come back next year.


This morning the sun was shining and as the day gradually warmed, I ventured out to so some planting.

After my lunch and a rest--I sure can't go like I used to!--I stitched the dragonfly wings onto tulle. 



I used the tulle underneath for a stabilizer while I stitched the ribs of the wings because I think I will only stitch them down where they attach to the body. This will allow the wings to float a bit.



5 comments:

Mereknits said...

Those wins are gorgeous my friend. Glad you are getting out int he garden.
Hugs,
Meredith

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

ohhhh, I like those dragons fly wings..great idea using the tule
Hoping to til our garden this weekend!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Those dragonfly wings are wonderful!

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Like the idea of only attaching the wings at the body for a 3 dimensional look. Good thinking.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Amazing looking wings!