I've been squeezing in bits of time in my studio in between my gardening and resting. Yesterday, I got more of my veggie garden ready for the plants. It supposedly went down to 0C last night; I had to do some covering. I waited for today to put anything else into the ground.
At least the cold weather kept the flies away so I could weed and mulch at the back. You can see the darker section that I finished.
Things are starting to flesh out. Even the apple tree seems to have survived the shear trimming that we gave it in early spring. It will have only a few blossoms and few apples but will come back next year.
This morning the sun was shining and as the day gradually warmed, I ventured out to so some planting.
After my lunch and a rest--I sure can't go like I used to!--I stitched the dragonfly wings onto tulle.
I used the tulle underneath for a stabilizer while I stitched the ribs of the wings because I think I will only stitch them down where they attach to the body. This will allow the wings to float a bit.