Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thread painting leaves


What a day! I had one of those days where everything I tried to do wasn't working. I have to rip out weeks worth of knitting because I ran out of yarn and can't get more.
Then I decided after doing a breakfast sketch of more leaves that I might like to try thread painting some.
I started stitching with a layer of the plastic type water soluble in a hoop but it was tearing because of the heavy stitching. It all went well once I added another layer of water soluble medium.

I got quite a bit done when I realized that I really needed more colours of thread. I've tucked some of the leaves into an envelope to carry with me when I go away next week.  A friend has invited me to raid her stash tomorrow too. Thanks, Sue!
This morning, I also cut, sewed, cut again the pieces for our guild's block of the month.

They requested fall colours.
After that, things went downhill. I tried to use my I Pad App to blog and it wouldn't work. I spent 2 hours on the phone with a technician uploading my I Pad contents to the cloud, deleting the I Pad and reloading. Scary! I thought I'd lost it all at one point.
Finally got it all back but my App won't work. Now I'm trying to figure out a new one.
Phew, I need to decompress. I'm going for a little walk before it gets dark.

6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your block - and the fabrics are really food together.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Oh Holly I understand your frustration with technical problems. They feel like such a time waster.
That thread painting looks interesting.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Everything looks good n very beautiful and despite the hassles of our computer age... Tomorrow is a new day thank goodness! I sympathize!

Wendy said...

the walk was probably the best thing you could have done. tomorrow is another day and hopefully comes with some solutions to your problems

driftwood said...

your stitchy leaves are lovely x

Mereknits said...

Oh my goodness what a day, I think you need a day off after all of that.
Hope today is better,
Meredith