And so, I approached the studio today already knowing what I would do next. I had rearranged the birch trees last night. Today, I ironed them in place (fusible on back) and added shadows and markings with paint.
After laying out the foreground foliage, I decided that I needed two more trees.
The plain white makes them jump forward but that will change with the application of paint for the shading.
In the meantime while the paint dried, I cut a few more leaves and hooped them for stitching. Eventually I decided not to use the orange ones, choosing a different red.
I free motion stitched, ironed away the Saran and laid out all the pieces that I'd assembled just to see how it's going.
The rose hips are not at all in their final place. I will remove them to do all the background stitching first. Birch trees and branches. White, black and grey threads.
Enough for today. Now for some tea and a bit of knitting.
Tuesday is usually a studio day but I may do some quilt shop visits with friends. One can always use a bit of fabric. Also, I'm thinking of making new curtains for the spare bedroom which hubby and I were cleaning out yesterday.