Thursday, October 23, 2014

Another fern mug rug

I've felt the urge to be working a bit cleaning up my gardens the last few days. I clipped all my hostas and other perennials that were laying soggy on the ground in the backyard on Tuesday and the side of the house this morning. I put out a bird feeder in the apple tree which I will move to the deck  when the snow falls.

This afternoon, I didn't quite feel like getting into a big project. Inspired by the fern mug rug that I made on the weekend at retreat, I pulled out the remnant of sun printed fabric and cut out another one. It's almost instant gratification as they sow up rather quickly. Just enough free motion quilting to relax a bit.


It needs only the straight lines quilted on the right hand strips and the binding which I've already cut and sewn.


I'll finish it off another day.

This is a pottery tea pot that I just purchased for myself after thinking about it for a year or so. The one at the shop sold and when I told the potter how much I liked it, he made another. I drink a cup or two a day and it will definitely add to the enjoyment.


T


It's time to sit with a cup now before I get started on dinner.

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

So now you'll be all set up for a culpa with your lovely new mug rug and that gorgeous tea pot!

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry Holly - not suggested you are into "mea culpa" I meant cuppa!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely..and great idea for a small project. I have lots of small sunprints just waiting to be made into something!!!

Mereknits said...

You are so inspirational making up that cup warmer so fast.
Love the tea pot.
Hugs,
Meredith

Mother said...

Holly - how come you got all the talent in the family? Great Blog page Charlie and I enjoyed it and
Charlie is going to get a sewing machine and go into competion hmmmm -
LOVE Mother XOXOX