I've had a week where I've been in and out a lot and so have not had large blocks of time to be creative. This morning I had my mammogram and I breathed a sigh of relief when that was over. They do have a new machine here, though, and I have to say that although painful, it was not as severe and at least faster.
I had about an hour before my walk this afternoon and decided to finish up a couple of stamps I'd been working on and test one out.
Since I've said from the beginning that my blog is about my process, and even the not so great ones, I'm showing you the error of my ways today.
I wanted to test my fun foam sketch on fabric and the results were not great. This is the piece of craft foam with the drawing incised into it.
Using my brayer and Setacolor fabric paint, I rolled out some color onto the foam and laid a piece of white cotton onto it. I tried it twice and both times ended up with streaks.
I think it had something to do with the paint on the brayer but I didn't go any further to test my theory as I can see that I do need to incise the lines of the drawing a little deeper first.
I've used the fun foam many times using the same method in the past and had no problems. I think I may have applied the paint with a sponge brush though so I'll have to do a little experimenting.
Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be out again so perhaps next week I'll get to it.