On the weekend I picked up the bag that my friend Elise put together for me. I did the artwork and quilting and she helped with the basic construction.
Below is a view of the front of the bag. It's quite large-- fits a medium size cutting board-- and even my medium sized Rubbermaid container that I carry my projects in.
The back has another piece of my art quilted and made into a pocket.
Even the inside made use of my discards. It'll be a bag to treasure.
The April/may issue of Quilting Arts is out where you can read my latest article. I'm still waiting for my copy.
You can find it in bookstores or read about it on their site here:
This afternoon, I finally got around to a short fabric printing session. I did 8 pieces using the tulip motifs.
I'm thinking about making a table runner with a few of them.
I used a combination of my foam stamps-- they're the subtler images-- and paper as masques.
I'm linking to The Needle and Thread Network.