Thursday, March 21, 2013

A finished pillow

Yesterday, I had an appointment at occupational therapy where they made splints for my wrists to sleep with. I don't have carpal tunnel; the rheumatologist ordered them to help with osteoarthritis in my fingers and wrists. They're perfectly comfortable but I slept fitfully with them and after a nightmare at 5:30am, I took them off. I hope it's just a matter of getting used to them!
Next week, I'll be getting something for my fingers and toes. It'll be a scary site if I'm all wrapped up in all of it!
Today, I went for my swim since I missed it yesterday. This afternoon, I put together a pillow form for my new pillow. Why buy one when I have this huge bag of stuffing taking up room in my closet?

I was afraid it was too plain with my neutral sofa and wall color which are both shades of beige. I think it stands out well enough and perhaps I'll make a couple more more colourful cushions.
I've been working on a second one on a lovely mossy piece of linen. I tried taking a photo in several locations and lighting but the nice green color won't come through. It looks brown although its really a nice springy green.

I've cropped the photo so I think I may actually add a couple more flowers to fill in the space. I've free motioned the cosmos while using one of my sketches as a reference.

3 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous cushions Holly!
I hope you get used to your splints soon!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You did a wonderful job on your pillow Holly....I love your new header...nice happy picture of you!!!!

Wendy Ouellette said...

Great pillows Holly! They are so "you"!
Hope your splints work out for you.