I decided that I had to have a blog button (it could come in handy later) and today was a rainy day, and therefore the day to do it. I had my doubts, and it took me all afternoon, plus a headache but I did it! I followed a couple of tutorials. This turned out to be the best. After slaving all afternoon with another one, I did this in about 10 minutes. Check out my button on the sidebar. I'm so proud!!
I was all excited yesterday when I picked out fabric for another gel print. It'll have to wait to get it started though, as we're supposed to golf tomorrow.
I did add some foils to my hummingbird which is all done except for hand stitching the facings down on the back side.
I really felt the sparkly foils added to the bird as he really does sparkle in the sunlight and while I had brush in hand with the foil glue, I couldn't help myself, and I added some to the flowers. My friend, Anne, says more bling is always better!
I also had hoped to do some drawing today, the best laid plans and all that! When I was out yesterday, I took my small sketchbook and did some small sketches that will serve as a basis for stencils as well as free motion quilting. I was reminded while reading my new book by Judy Woodworth (see the last post) that gravestones often have wonderful designs engraved on them. My kids used to have a fit that I would go there go to graveyards to paint. I did these quickly while standing which explains some of the 'wonkiness'. The one on the bottom right is a piece of tile-work from teh cafe where I have lunch.
on my way home I stopped and purchased a plastic project cover which I will use to cut a stencil once I draw the design based on my sketches. When I get to it, I'll take pictures of the process.