I couldn't wait to get back to the stencils and the discharge paste this morning but unfortunately today's results were less spectacular than Tuesday's. I got the second stencil cut last night and I did fix up the little piece I missed on the first one. Also, I fixed all the little bits that were missing on Tuesday's pieces, so that's good at least.
I had a go with the second stencil but the results are hard to see. Yesterday I was afraid I may have ironed too much before rinsing out the fabric but those ones were good. When I rinsed the ones I stenciled today, the results were rather ghostly as you can see below.
The green one was even less color accurate. I always have a hard time to get greens to photograph right. They end up looking too brown.
Wanting to get as much use from the stencils as I can, last night I tried my hand at carving a stamp for the first time. I use lots of stamps in my work, but I've always used craft foam which I cut and mount onto Plexiglass. I tried it out with paint to see what parts I need to clean up. Luckily, it doesn't have to be perfect since I'll be stamping on fabric and then stitching over it.