I decided I was going to get that crease out of the interfacing in my castle piece, and so I wet it to give it a good press. Right away the plum hand dye started to run. I dried it quickly by ironing, hoping to stop the run but the purple dye shows now on the turquoise border. The good news is that I got the crease out! Always one to take advantage of a mistake, I pondered doing something as a cover up, but nothing I can think of fits the design.
Next week, I believe I will cut the border off and add new ones in the quilt as you go method. I will be much happier.
This morning started out damp and rainy looking but the skies cleared by noon time. I hung out a wash with some fabrics that were delivered to my door early this morning. I was still in bed when the doorbell rang! Besides some batiks that I ordered, there were also these threads which I hope to use for machine quilting. The red on the left is YLI which a friend picked up for me. The other 5 spools are Wonderfil which came in my fabric order from Patsy Thompson Designs along with her book called Hyperquilting.
Also, today, I had a new little friend visiting, the purple finch.
I had time only to add borders to this small runner. Perhaps I'm crazy to use it as a practice piece, but I want to try out some machine quilting designs with the new thread. I love the colors though, so if it's not good enough to sell, I might like it for my own table.