Sunday, October 2, 2011

saving sunday

I just read another blogger's post here about saving Sunday which is exactly what I did today, even before I read the blog. This was the first Sunday in a while that  we didn't go golfing or even out, except for a walk. I felt I  needed some downtime, so I made muffins this morning, and after lunch, I made my lower calorie version of chai tea. I simply steep the chai spice tea bag in a mug of heated low fat soy milk and then I add my little twist--about 1/4 teaspoon of dark powdered chocolate and about an equal amount of honey. Milk of any kind is already quite sweet so it doesn't really take much.
I took this to the sofa along with My Quilting Arts magazine and the latest Patricia Cornwell book, Port Mortuary, that I'm reading. I may have dozed off a time or two.
I spent some nice quiet time at home yesterday too after visiting the market in the morning. Gord's dad called him to golf after lunch, and I was only too happy to spend the afternoon in my sewing room. Isn't it nice when the hubby is free to go without guilt? We quilters can certainly can keep ourselves busy.
I started working on a yoga mat bag which is to be a Christmas gift ( I'll have pictures and directions later), and I did a few more blocks for the current baby quilt. It is a fun block to make.
Tomorrow I will be going out to meet friends for coffee and then do my volunteer time at the craft shop downtown. I must try to remember to take my camera to take some pictures.
i hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

Sounds like some perfect downtime! What a great way to refresh for the week ahead! Hope yours is a good one! xo

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I agree Sundays should be slow days to reflect on the past week and think about the next. Mine usually are but today I had to get ready for the last free brush pick up tomorrow.
Your baby quilt looks like fun!