Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sewing Day

A friend from my quilting group had a sewing day at the beach last Thursday. I felt pretty good that day and so, took my little Gem Gold machine to finish stitching down all the fused parts for the fishing huts. I got it all done and added the little black and white border. I do want to add some thread painted flowers to it as well. I forgot that. Also, I'm not sure what to do with it at this point--wall hanging, sewing machine cover? It was a beautiful day too! You can see the little piece of mine laying ob the left side of the table.

Here is the view outside the window--special huh?

There are a few more gel prints that I did last week that I didn't show yet. While viewing them on my design wall, my original thinking was to use each one separately, but as I contemplated them and thought about how they're all the same color and have the same theme, it might be fun to put a few together into one piece. My next step will be to pull out some fabrics and try some layouts.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Fishing huts look great! Have you thought of doing them each individually, but making a tryp-tic type wall hanging. Seperate but together...just a thought.