Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Monoprinting

This morning I had an appointment to pick up copies of all my blood tests to take next week when I go to the endocrinologist. I always try to do several errands in one outing, so I picked up a few more bags of mulch, a small pink Potentilla bush, and the best thing is, I finally found a little bistro table for my deck. I've been looking for a month or so, and there seemed to be nothing in town. My family got together and gave us money for our 30th anniversary which was a couple of weeks ago. I like this one because it has a modern feel and it can be folded up for storage which is good since we don't have a lot of space. It also fits my tiny deck.
The other thing I did today, that I've been wanting to try for a long time is some gelatin printing. This is a case of a sort of happy accident. The gel had bubbles in it which of course came out in the prints. I knew I was stuck with them, but I didn't want to waste the gel, so I tried to work a bit around them. A few I'm quite happy with and I'll be able to add to them with more colors, threads and embellishments. The first one below, didn't have enough paint, but I do like it anyway.



I did a bunch with houses in them.
 



This one I actually printed from the foam tray I was using for the paint and then I added some stamping. It kind of reminds me of a lake with wild flowers beside it.

No comments: