Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Friends are Inspiring!

I had an early doctor's appointment today. I was through early and since it was damp and sort of dismal, I got the urge to make Turkey Chili. While doing that,  I packed myself a lunch because I just didn't feel like spending the day at home. I went to visit my friend, Nicole, for lunch. She was at home today doing some of her own art work, but we took a break to eat. We always have a good gab and get inspired with each others work.
Before leaving the sun broke through the clouds, and I just had to take a picture of their garden. I love the fence and the driftwood arbor.

She also gifted me with this journal. I was amazed with it, but even more so when I came home and looked through it again. Each page is it's own work of art.

After lunch, the sun came out and it warmed up considerably. Finally the cold in my bones started to melt away. At home I grabbed my sketchbook and paints and went to my deck to sit on my swing. I did these 2 little sketches. I really do leave too much time in between my sketching sessions and I get very rusty. It's just so hard to make time for everything. Drawing or painting  white flowers I've discovered is tricky and I want to practice this some more.

No comments: