Monday, June 7, 2010

Lovely visit with Mom

My mother and her husband were over from PEI for a visit on the weekend. The five sons and daughters chipped in for two nights at an Auberge and spa here that is lovely. The weather co-operated the first night and we were able to barbecue, enjoy my deck witht he little fountain, and then we went for a walk at the beach. On Saturday morning, mom and I went downtown where we walked, visited a few shops and then had coffee and tea at my favorite cafe. The rain came in after lunch, but that is my rest time anyway. Just before supper I went and joined them at the warm saltwater pool and sauna. It was really nice to spend some time together as we usually only visit the cottage on the Island once in the summer. It's a busy time when all the family is around so this was nice one-on-one time.
I was very tired yesterday afternoon and today, but I did take the time to finish the borders on this quilt. I had to lay it out on my bedroom floor as I can't get far enough back from my design wall. I may not quilt it right away, as I would like to move on to  a few more creative things. I may send it out for machine quilting or do it myself in the fall. I tend to forget that every time  I try one bigger than a baby quilt, I swear I'll never do it again.

No comments: