Thursday, February 6, 2020

Snow day sewing

I’m not averse to a cozy snow day  spent inside cooking and sewing. The timing of this one isn’t great though. I’m all packed for a retreat -it’s piled at the door - starting tomorrow morning and I’m not sure how bad it’ll be to get out. It’s not far from home though, but the second problem is that I could be coming down with the sore throat again. It’s quite like the one I just had that didn’t seem bad at first and then soon developed into a nasty chest cold. Not only do I want to look after myself, but also, I wouldn’t want to pass anything on to others.

For now I’m doing a bit of free motion stitching on this piece that I’ve had out together for some time. The colours will really suit my living room right now.

 



I’m using a solid green on the foliage as I’m not sure I like the effect of the variegated pink/purple on the flower head. That often happens with variegated depending on the length of the colours.



I could switch to a solid plum for the rest.




I particularly like this block.



I also did the little bit of meander quilting on this small piece that is going to be used for a needle case. 





I’m heading out shortly to pick up some oregano oil. Have you heard of it or tried it? I’m told it’s an effective natural antibiotic so I’m willing to give it a try.
Then I have a CT scan around 4:30. I’m hoping the snow doesn’t add up much while I’m in the hospital. After that I’ll hunker down at home and see what the morning brings, health and weather wise.

No comments: