Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Winter days and chickadees

It’s been a while. Sometimes the mundane things I do and the rhythm of my days seem to be not so interesting and I put off writing. I’m sure your days develop in much the same way if you’re at home as I am. I take my time getting up and getting breakfast before starting the wash, maybe starting supper, and sometimes running a quick errand (which I did this morning) or heading to the studio a quick errand. 

Chilli is simmering for supper and at lunch I threw together a small blueberry rhubarb crumble. I use a Becel, whole wheat flour, a little coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, oats and a dash of maple syrup, all done ad lib.




It’s partly sunny although a bit cold and blustery today.  I’m opting to work inside and perhaps do a little rowing downstairs later.




After lunch I headed back to the studio and  I finished a few little free motion details on the chickadees and cut one away from the background cotton. Before it gets stitched onto the piece, I will paint the edge to match the feather colours.



I’m going to use the 2 different sizes of my snowflake screens (my own design) to print on Some snowflakes. I did the first layer in a turquoise color.



Next I’ll do some larger white ones. Also, I have this stamp made with glue and cardboard that I’ll use to print winter branches.




When I’m finished my painting and stitching, I’ll row and then I can return to the studio where I’ll sip some tea while doing some hand work. I’m enjoying having my rocker there in the corner.






No comments: