Sunday, February 16, 2020

Thread lace, scrap blocks, binding, thread lace


This morning I made a small lunch with a thermos of hot chocolate to carry with us on a small snow shoe trip. In the end we didn’t find what we were looking for but it was a beautiful day and we were out for an hour and a half.
This is a winter tamarack. I always think the little cones look like small roses.





This week, I finished my commission chickadee piece and  I gave the client her choice out of the 2 that I’ve done.

Feeding the Chickadees, 11 1/2” by 13 1/2” each.





My favourite was the 2nd one and that’s the one she bought.

For the rest of the week I rested  some after retreat and did what I felt like doing. I haven’t finished the free motion work on this piece yet. 



I did experiment with some thread lace which I may (or not) use on it when it’s finished. 



The one on top was done with a Unique brand solvable stabilizer and did not rinse out well. The smaller one was a Sulky brand which all rinsed away. I’ll try making more of these.




I’ve been spending time in the rocker in my sunny studio every afternoon doing some handwork. The baby quilt is almost finished, stitched with a utility stitch using perle cotton. Yesterday, at my UFO day, I cut the binding for it.



I also cut about 30 scrappy rectangles that I’m going to use for another simple baby quilt.



I’ve done a rough little sketch of the plan. This week I’ll look for the outside strips which make a sort of self sashing.



I hope you’re creatively enjoying your Sunday in your own way. 

No comments: