Here is a sampling of some of the projects in progress.
I think this pattern was called something like Mariner in a Pickle.
There were a few stack n whacks in the works.
I was working on a couple small items. The Halloween wall hanging which is now ready to quilt. Button eyes and embellishments will be added after that.
And I started a quilted advent calendar for our grandson, Ollie, with coordinated pockets in random sizes.
I made 24 pockets and then started stitching some trims onto them.
The background I sandwiched using the envelope method. The quilting will happen when I stitch the pockets in place which I couldn’t start yet because I need to add the numbers. I bought a number stencil today.
Monday was a catch up day and yesterday, I was able to get back to my birch tree stump with berries.
I continue to cut out fused leaves, berries and stalks. Very time consuming.
I’m ready to stop and add a few more painted details to the birch and then thread paint on it so that I can add the foliage in front of it.
I came home to find that hubby had hung a vintage light that came from a church that I’ve been revitalizing with paint.
I’m happy with it, especially the shadows it gives off, however; it’s a bit darker than the light that used to hang there. While it’s a nice ambient light, I have to rethink it as I need good lighting for knitting.