Sunday, October 27, 2019

A quiet Sunday

Do you like to try to relax a little more on Sunday or even treat it as a more special day, doing things you especially enjoy? Religious or not, I’ve always tried to keep Sunday a little quieter than most as I think one needs it. Of course I’ve never had to do shift work but any other day would work.
Today, I slept in a bit, made eggs for breakfast and then went for a trail walk in a different place than usual.





The riotous colours have faded to more neutral and soft greys and holds. It’s quiet and soothing.

After my walk, I headed out to visit the in laws. My mother in law gifted me with one of her quilts. She was reluctant in the past to give me one, believing that I could make one better than her. (I know your reading this!) I don’t believe this and besides quilts are more about making something handcrafted with live, given with love and really appreciated. 



I will cherish sleeping under this quilt.

When I returned home, I headed to the studio for a bit where I hooped up 2 layers of green tulle and commenced to free motion stitch the base for some tree 🌲  moss.








A couple more layers are required.

In the evenings while tv watching, I’m making socks. The grey ones are done with Merino wool for my daughter and grandson, Ollie.



I started a third pair which I’ve nearly finished made with a Christmas wool edition.

For my outdoor activity yesterday, I picked more of our apples - most of which my husband already picked - and picked some kale, a wee bit of Swiss chard and final bits of lettuce.



We are lucky to have a cold room where we were able to keep apples through the spring last year. After looking on line, I wrapped every apple in newspaper and packed into Rubbermaid boxes.  It worked well.

No comments: