Thursday, October 10, 2019

Autumn colours and a new fiber art

As I’m very aware of how long it’s been since I posted, I’m taking a few minutes to write a short post. We’re heading to Lunenburg this Thanksgiving weekend and I won’t have a chance to write. I’ve had a few appointments, a guild quilting day for Victoria’s quilts, a trip to a quilt show, a hike on the mi’qmag trail for my birthday on Sunday so I think you’d understand where I’ve been, lol.







You can see why I wanted to spend my day there for my birthday.  It’s breathtaking along the river.

The trails close to home are pretty spectacular too with the colours and such light that is unique to autumn in northern New Brunswick.





And then there’s the garden with a few things left to pick and lots of things to clean out. Today I pulled down the runner beans, cut the herbs and picked the rest of the ground cherries.





The seeds from the dried pods are bead  like to me. Pretty jewels.

Here and there I’ve been squeezing in some studio time. This is m season and it’s hard not to be outside on sunny days. Today, I traced my line drawing onto tracing paper which I then pin to the fabric underneath.



I can use it as a guide for placement of the main elements.





Actually I will cut the slim stalks for the leaves and berries to add before I place the leaves. I’m looking forward to some thread lace making sessions to make some foliage and moss.



We’re leaving in the morning for Lunenburg where my oldest son and wife live for thanksgiving weekend. Looking forward to rain or shine.
Have a nice weekend and for my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving! 🍁

No comments: