Monday, May 23, 2011

happiness in the simple things


For the last couple of years Gord and I have kept it simple on our anniversary, as we did today. He went to hit golf balls this morning while I met friends for coffee. After our lunch we went for a drive along the coast. We made a stop for a coffee and a tea along the way to a wharf where I like to sketch my favorite old fish huts. Gord is always  happy to wander or take a snooze in  the car seat as he did today. It was most relaxing.

On our way home we stopped at my friend Nicole's so I could pick out a basket from her most recent shipment form Africa. I'm using it for my knitting for now. The colors are perfect in my living room.
I couldn't have asked for a better day! We seem to find our happiness in the simplest things.

No comments: