Tuesday, May 3, 2011

friend's birthday

I took a trip downtown this morning to drop a little birthday gift off to my friend Nicole. I chose a heritage black tomato and a borage plant from my collection that I started from seeds. I read that the borage blossoms, while very pretty, are also edible and would be lovely in a salad. She says she's not a green thumb with house plants but it just has to survive a few weeks until it can go out into their vegetable garden. Oh, included a half dozen double chocolate chip cookies too.
 Next, I ate a sandwich (along with my cut up veggies) at a local shop called the Book Gallery where I had to pick up a book that I had ordered for my mother in law.
 Since I picked off all the paper backing from the 'mill' piece while watching Dancing with the Stars last night, it was ready to be sandwiched and quilted. This afternoon, I got quite a bit done. I want lots of texture--bricks and stones and metal-- because it will stand out even more if I decide to layer on some paint. You should just be able to see that there is a little more of the brick work to do.



1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the quilting is really giving life to your mill.