Saturday, May 28, 2011

guild UFO

Today, I went to our guild's last UFO day until the fall. I took my little Jem gold and worked on the free motion quilting on my mystic woods wall hanging. My plan (and you know what happens to those) is to finish all the machine work this week, and then I can drag it around all summer camping and visiting friends to do the  hand embellishing.


I also drew up a plan for a future quilt. Yes, I have a design wall of blocks to put together and a baby quilt I want to do first but one must be prepared. Now that I have a better idea of the fabrics I'll need, I placed an order for some greens, turquoises and orange/pinks from Pink Chalk Fabrics. These are some of what I have now.

As I was placing the order I turned and noticed these goldfinches on the little feed sock in my window. I love their squeaky peep. When I sew, they are right in front of me and when it's warm enough to have the window open, it'll be even livelier.
Our plan tomorrow was to go golfing but the weather is sure not cooperating. The rain and cloudy days are unrelenting! A least i can sew. It gets a bit depressing though, and you don't feel like doing anything.

No comments: