Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recouperating

I'm stopping by for a few lines to say I'm here although I did no fiber artwork today. Yesterday, I had plans for sewing and baking; however, I woke up with a raging bladder infection. It was the first one I've had in years, but no mistaking it.
Luckily, I got into the clinic without much of a wait where the doctor wrote me a prescription.
Here's some good advice!
I started drinking cranberry juice with water added before I even picked up my prescription and the pain was significantly lessened almost immediately. So, then I kept sipping it all day.
I laid low for most of yesterday, mostly reading and knitting.
Today, I've been cleaning and doing some little odd sewing jobs that have been on my list.
I thought you might like to see this sweet pin cushion that I received from a friend for my birthday. She brought it to retreat on the weekend. It is firmly stuffed with ground walnut shells.

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you'll soon be back into the swing of things and feeling better.

Linda said...

Feel better soon Holly. The pincushion is very cute! Lovely colour combo