Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The day after retreat and a couple more quilts

I didn't even get to take it easy this morning as I had be out for an early doctor's appointment. That accomplished, I then had to see the ophthalmologist in the afternoon. They took me right away but I was there for over two hours by the time it was all done. I had to get the drops in the eyes and yes it was a tear in the vitreous lining as I had guessed.
Not serious at this point but there is some danger of a retinal tear so I have to be rechecked next week. It is quite annoying as I've got a bunch of new specks and threads for floaters as well as flashes of light in the corner of my eye. This too shall pass. (I hope).
I've a few more pictures from retreat. This square in a square quilt in Countdown to Christmas was done by a first time quilter. She had her sister as a teacher and did a wonderful job.

I just love this chickadee wall hanging! My friend, Anne, made it. She had the top done and spent the first afternoon free motion quilting it. I think she did a wonderful job. I hope you can see some of the stitching.

Christmas was definitely a theme this time. Did get a couple more pics. Since they are gifts, I won't add them here.
Besides the postage stamp blocks, I did some blocks for an exchange and then did a bit of free form playing with fabric just for fun.

It's only about 10 by 10 inches. I worked out some of my ideas about how to do it though. I may do more, or I may simply border it and use it for a small project.

2 comments:

elle said...

Holly, you have trees nailed! You could do them with your eyes closed maybe but hopefully you won't have to. The chickadee is darling and the quilting shows wonderfully.

imquilternity said...

So sorry to hear about your eye problem. That's certainly no fun and actually quite annoying. Growing old gracefully gets more and more difficult as we age, doesn't it? :))