Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A sewing day with friends

I have a small group of about a dozen friends who for many years have gotten together for quilting days, retreats, Christmas parties and even coffee at Tim's. We've been there for each other in times of loss, of celebration and in times of transition. We had a sewing day today; there were four of us. I knew I should have bowed out this week due to a guild meeting tonight but I went and now I'm too exhausted to do anything else.

A few of the quilters have taken a liking to the Granny square block. They got together and exchanged strips. Florence was putting this one together today.

Susan was making piano keys for her jewel box quilt done in repros.

I didn't do the best job taking this picture. I got it at a bit of an angle but you get the idea. I'm making it for my sister in law who has a neutral beige and brown bedroom with a small touch of rust. She wants the quilt to be neutral as well. I think it will be quite soft and pretty. On my screen the right hand print is showing quite peachy when it is more golden in color.
As you know I spend most of my time on my art and Fiber art so I will keep this quilt boxed up to take to Tuesdays sewing group some weeks as well as our guild UFO days. I like the companion ship and still like to put the odd quilt together.
The one that I did as my son's wedding gift, I did in the same way last winter. Then when I'm at home, I concentrate on my artwork.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

How much fun is that?? I love doing things like this....don't do it often enough!!

elle said...

Sounds like a good plan. I miss making quilts also and need to figure out how to do it all!