It's a been a while since I used the Setacolour transparent paints and I'd quite forgotten how much they fade as they dry. Here is my piece from yesterday.
Since it 's much too pale for what I had in mind, I went at it with the paints again. It has to be darker than the desired result.
The one above is still wet.
And here is the same piece all dry. I think I can work with it.
I had also forgotten how nice the transparent paints feel on the cotton. I may be thinking up more projects.
I've been working on getting a screen made by Margaret Aplin. My samples from the other day seemed to have too much black, so this afternoon, I got caught up in doing more.
The one above was my favourite in the bunch. You will be amazed at what Margaret can do with it using Photoshop.
So, no sewing. All this leads to another fabric piece though. They are always multi layered both in ideas and techniques.
Don't forget to comment on this post from Oct 3rd if you haven't already to be eligible for the draw.