Monday, February 27, 2012

my robin

I learned something new this weekend thanks to some bloggers and Google. I never knew how to re-size my photos; I know I should have known that for the blog, but it has all been such a learning curve. I discovered that I can re-size in Picasso or I can re-size using Microsoft picture editor which is what I just used and might be the easiest. It's a little thing but so exciting when you figure something out!

This afternoon sitting at my machine in my sunny window, I free motion stitched the robin to the background, added a little stitching and snow to the branches, and then added 3 snowflakes using the bobbin work method. I'm getting addicted to that.
 I've sandwiched it and I'm ready to quilt it. I just have to decide how I will do that--swirls I think in a color that will blend.
Now, I'm heading out for sunny walk.

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

We are always learning....nicd pic.
can you explain the bobbin method??

Gill said...

Your robin is really coming to life now!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't like it when people resize them too small to enlarge though. Maybe they don't want anyone to see them close up. I try to keep mine resized to a size that will still enlarge if someone clicks on it.

Your robin is coming along nicely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I see what you mean the word verification is easier to read now.

elle said...

It's looking good, Holly. Nice snow on the branches. So how did you figure the upload after they said you had reached your limit? Inquiring minds and all that as I have no savy computer people around me.