Monday, February 20, 2012

housework done in time for a bit of stitching

This will be a quick post before I go take a soak with my book to soothe my achy muscles. I got my bit of housework out of the way this morning, and then this afternoon I was quite exhausted. I wanted to paint another robin and this time on fabric. I did manage to gather together all the supplies but lacked the energy to get started. Some days are just like that.
I did get the quilting finished and the binding sewn onto this little piece. I just need to hand stitch it down. Oh and if you happened to read my  post about the tracing paper being hard to pick off, I had one of those 'duh' moments yesterday when I first woke up. I was supposed to put the paper with the pattern reversed on the backside and stitched it that way. The bobbin thread would thus have shown on top and I wouldn't have had to pick all the paper out. Duh!

I had a little surprise waiting for me in the mailbox today. I had forgotten all about my bit of luck winning the apron pattern from Love, Laugh, Quilt a few weeks ago. I guess I'm lucky sometimes too! I made a couple of aprons as gifts this year; now I'll have to make more.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I really really like the coneflower....

Margaret Applin said...

It's looking great, Holly!!! I have to put my ideas in motion!!!!!