Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Swimming day and sewing with a friend

I went for my usual Wednesday morning swim at the pool today. It is a warm salt water pool with a sauna and a whirlpool where my friend Elise and I have been going for a while. For me it's almost as good as getting a massage, you feel so relaxed when you come out.
Before I went out, I screen printed these 2 pieces using Thermofax screens made here. They are both going to be used in Christmas gifts. I drew the flowers from a bouquet that was given to me, and I have no idea what they are.

Then I was invited to my friend's for lunch and some sewing time. I neglected to take my camera, so again, I missed out on getting a picture of her quilt. She is doing a 'quilt as you go' Christmas quilt. I really must try that some day. I took my Winter quilt which you will recognize if you have followed my blog, and I finished sewing on the binding. In each of the corner blocks I am embroidering snowflakes. These were timely as while I was  nestled into the sofa beside the fire, I noticed the first flakes of snow falling outside. We are getting just a small part of the big snowstorm that the more southern areas of the Maritimes are getting.
 I am linking toWIP Wendesday.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the bird with both black and white in the print. I'm glad we don't have any snow yet. They are talking a chance of snow Sun. night but I hope they are wrong.

elle said...

Your screen prints are so gorgeous. I'm not a blue person but somehow blue at Christmas appeals so I especially like the plaids, the snowmen and the hand stitching. Very cozy!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Good morning Holly...we got all of that darn snow...lol. Your screen prints are lovely..I especially like the bird one. It stands out nicely on the blue background. And your winter quilt is fantastic! I it lovely work; and such a wintery fabric...looks like you just want to snuggle up in it. Very nice.

Leanne said...

I love your quilt, so nice to finish it as the snow falls.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Your screen prints are wonderful! Wow! I've always wanted to try that. Your quilt looks so cozy and warm - perfect as winter hits.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

gosh those are pretty! I'm guessing the flowers are just thistles or ?? Great quilt by the way - it's SO canadian winter. I love that. I love winter. hehe

Thank you for linking. I hope it brings some extra traffic your way.
~Monika