Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a smidgen of thread painting

My Friday lunch girls switched to today since everything is closed on Remembrance Day. While out, I had to pick up a few groceries and a prescription. Between that and still not feeling back to par, I only did a bit of sewing. I originally had the idea to make needle lace for the seaweed and stitch it on, but then I thought why not just thread paint right on the scene. For the bit of seaweed in the foreground, I used two threads in the needle, so it would add 2 colors at once and fill in faster. I thought that since I had batting on the back that I wouldn't need the hoop. As you may notice it did pucker some, but I think it will be fine once I iron it and add some bead work. I'm not going to go overboard on the embellishing because this is going to be incorporated into a sewing machine cover.
 The embellishing is my favorite part though so I will probably still add quite a bit, maybe a starfish and maybe some pink roses into those bushes by the rear cottage.
I'm linking up to the Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday.

6 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I love these cute little houses!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

this is very sweet....can't wait to see it finished....nice work Holly

elle said...

I luv this scene. Very cute! The road to a friends house..., that's what I'm thinking of. Hope you are up to par soon!

Sheila said...

So cute , I love these little houses as well,anxious to see this finished.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Those houses are adorable! Hope you are feeling back to yourself soon, Holly!

Wendy said...

simply charming! I agree about the pink roses..it will be a perfect touch!