I did two exciting things today! This morning, I took my walker over to the trail where I haven't been since early last spring and went for a short walk. What a beautiful day!
I was looking for all the familiar things like the Pearly Everlasting which is in bloom this time of year.
I picked a few to add to my dried flowers from my yard.
I love the feathery curly fireweed as it goes to seed.
It felt pretty good to be out there.
After my lunch and a short rest with ice on the hip, I decided to try printing a piece of cotton.
I started by using a foam stamp with Neocolor II crayons.
I'm keeping my new habit of cleaning my materials on sketchbook pages.
I got out Setacolor transparent fabric paints for the flowers. I don't have a lot of experience using them this way. I used a round acrylic brush and slightly watered down paint.
As you can see, the first ones ran which is ok because I'm experimenting. I also discovered that the stamp plus the crayons are more defined on paper. I did want a soft look though. It's not meant to be for anything serious. Another day, I will add leaves and someday I'll be inspired to cut it up and add stitch.
These are the pages I cleaned my stamps and tools on.
In my 'feet up' time, I've been knitting, almost finishing one merino wool sock and a pair of baby socks.
Thank goodness I pulled a casserole from the freezer-- ground turkey shepards pie with a sweet potato topping. I have no energy left.