Sunday, December 7, 2014

Forgive me if I whine a little here. I may have mentioned a swollen, red, possibly infected thumb that I got antibiotics for last Wednesday. Well, after no improvement by yesterday morning the telecare nurse advised me to visit emergency. I went at 8:00 am and was the 3rd person there so it only took me a couple of hours at least. The doctor lanced it and drained it (sorry for those of you are squeamish) although it was only blood.

It is pretty sore but at least it's on my left hand. Because of my Addition's disease I was advised to increase my cortisone and at least I felt better after that.
So that is my way of reasoning as to why I seem to be getting little done. I have a Christmas present that I'm knitting that is on hold; however, I am able to do a little knitting on fine needles for socks.

Oh, and I did put up my mini Christmas tree and decorated most of it. With no family coming this year and the possibility of us traveling, it is just what I wanted. Do you think the Buddha is Happy there? I plan to add some of my snowmen to join him. The ribbon has little battery powered LED lights running through it that come on and shut off automatically.

I can still watch my birdy friends and take pictures!


If I take Tylenol, I can manage some baking. This morning, as I often do, I made banana oat bran walnut muffins and then mixed up a turkey loaf for supper.

I never use a recipe, throwing in whatever is in my cupboard or fridge at the time.


While all this is going on, meanwhile, I've got images of my next project floating around in my head. This is one possible inspiration.
I'm thinking about my background fabric and how I might approach the trees and rocks.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend with a bit of relaxation and maybe some creative time.


4 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

oh I do hope your thumb gets better quickly now - no fun! Take care and enjoy watching the birds!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh so sorry to hear you had to go to an emergency doctor, hope it now improves quickly. I think Buddha looks perfectly content by the tree.
9319

Mereknits said...

Bless your heart and your sore thumb too. Hope all goes well at the Doctor's today, I think that photo is pretty inspirational.
Hugs,
Meredith

Verna G said...

Very sorry to hear about your thumb! No fun! Hope it gets better soon.
Hope they changed your antibiotics!