Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to my studio

We left on Christmas Eve and visited 3 children in 3 cities, 2 provinces, spending 4 nights and 5 days away. It's the longest I've been away in a few years. I did very well. Since we stayed at a hotel for 3 of the 4 nights, I was able to do my yoga and have a swim each day. Christmas Day included a walk, yoga and a swim.

My brother made Christmas dinner for 3 siblings along with spouses and several nephews. He goes all out, starting the giblet gravy the day before and basting the turkey with the broth. Sausage stuffing. Seafood chowder with mussels in the shells. Mushroom stuffed escargot. Chocolate covered cheesecake made by my sister in law and pudding made by my brother's wife. It was a wonderful food delight and I even managed not to overeat!
The best part was the company, the talk and the reminiscing.

We got home last night and this morning I did some wash and cleaned house. The morning sunshine greeted me in the kitchen.

 I always take the time to get a few pics of the birds.
Newcomers this morning-- the common redpoles.


 After lunch, I headed to my studio. I always love the changing view.


I really missed being able to work on my latest fiber art piece while I was away. I wanted to start painting the background today--didn't get to that, but at least finished the layout of the rocky hillside.

I am so anxious to get the background painted and appliqued with the trees. I must be patient!

And, I must look after domestic things like bringing in the sheets and starting supper. My son's roasted vegetables while we were there inspired me to do some to-night. I'm going to add a large chicken breast.


 I've had my tea, now I must get the chores done.





1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Your latest fibre piece is looking lovelier each time you post, those rocks are so realistic.
Please to read you enjoyed your Christmas break.