Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tulip runner

Winter has clawed it's way back in again and I decided just to stay in and play today. I skyped with my daughter for a bit this morning; she's still in S Korea and is feeling edgy with everything going on there.
I've been sewing my tulip blocks into a runner. Since its a runner, I alternated the vertical direction of each block. Not sure about that.

As you can see I've sewn it together by drawing a slanted line on each rectangular block. Now that its together, it's really not what I had envisioned, good thing I didn't actually cut the blocks. I'm not sure if I'll straighten all of them or simply change the orientation of one of the three middle prints.
I'll have to think about it.

The blocks are quite pretty, I think. Lots of texture.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Your runner is amazing! I love it.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That is very pretty Holly

elle said...

They are pretty and with lots of lovely texture. Can you orient them the other way so they face the ends of the table and can been seen sideways?

rtquilter said...

Very pretty Holly! Really like the colours.

Anonymous said...

So pretty and colourful. The table will be beautiful! Winter has come back here too! :(

imquilternity said...

Your blocks are very pretty and full of texture, which I like. I hope everything calms down in S. & N. Korea so your daughter can relax.

What Comes Next? said...

very pretty block! Stay inside with them and dream of spring!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very pretty...a touch of much needed spring:)

Ann Symes said...

Beautiful textured tulips! What a breath of spring on a snowy day like today! I like Elle's suggestion to maybe orient the blocks so they face the ends?