Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adding satin, discharging, and puzzling it out

My intentions this morning after meeting some friends for coffee, were to do a couple of household things, maybe do a little mundane sewing, like finishing a binding and sewing on a label and then getting in a walk this afternoon.
Instead, I started moving pieces around on my design wall. I decided that it needed something, so I headed to my printing table with a few hand dyes and my stamps. I did some discharge prints.

My friend, Anne, donated some pieces of silk fabric that she wasn't going to use and when I went to add them to my stash of silks, I decided that the colors worked.

This will be like a puzzle where I am continually moving and adding parts until I'm satisfied. I still have thread painting to do and I'll be highlighting some colors with brighter, richer paints and Paintsticks and maybe even adding in some foils for sparkle. I know, there's too much dark in the bottom left. That'll change.
I haven't decided yet if I even like the piece, but I am experimenting and caught up in it, so we'll see where it leads.

4 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Those are all great pieces that you have added to the mix, Holly! It is fun watching your progress and how the layout changes with additions.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful work Holly!! I still have that piece of fabric you gave me....I need to take the time and figure out what I want to do with it. It is special; so I am waiting....

elle said...

What Fun!

OffQuilter said...

gorgeous colours, so inspirational... thanks for sharing!

P.S. I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! See http://offquilter.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/1009/