Monday, February 25, 2013

Stitching away

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, then a bit of housework, and I got down to a bit of painting and sewing after lunch.
I'm still picking away at the 2 art pieces I was working on last week. Just when I think it might be done, I decide it needs something more.

I actually picked of the ordinal flowered print with the word joy, added a purple piece underneath and redid it. Now it shows at least. I'll still probably outline it in black but I think I'm almost done with this piece. I touched up the paint to brighten it up and a few minutes ago, I added a few beads. Better.
Oh, I also stitched on three more stamped flowers that were actually from when i did my test stamp on white fabric. Might as well make use of them!
On the next one which I thought was done, ha, I decided to add a few tiny daisy stitched flowers. Hopefully, I can make up my mind to be finished with these this week!

3 comments:

Robbie said...

So hard to know when to quit isn't it! Lovely pieces...like the hand stitching too!

Linda said...

Both amazing!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Both pieces are absolutely beautiful!