Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Another storm day

It's as if a giant stood over us today, letting loose a huge bag of snow and blowing it around. Schools are canceled again and I'm stuck home. I didn't drive my husband to work, so I missed my swim for the first time in ages. I'm glad I don't have to try to get back out to pick him up in this though!

The curtains you can vaguely see (I've gotten very lazy about using my good camera instead of the I Pad.) in the above photo were once in another room and I got it into my mind this morning to hang them in the dining area. Of course it involved more than simply washing and ironing. They were a few inches too short. I actually found a similar linen in my stash and added a piece to the bottom.
After lunch, I got to the fun stuff. The piece that I showed yesterday, started out a couple of years ago in a gelatin mono printing session. I used my own masques, stencils and stamps. Today, I decided it needed more!
I got out my sticky backed foam and cut some flowers which I then adhered to the back of two other stamps I've made that are mounted on plexiglass.
To the left is a practice print on white cotton.

Next, I stamped using Setacolor opaque fabric paint onto my art quilt. I was so anxious to stitch it that I ironed it and got started.

My printing methods were different than hers, but I was inspired today by this post by the very exuberant and creative Leslie MacNeil.
I'm thinking of adding some lace and perhaps a fabric bit as she did. I may even add a written inspiration word to it. I think I've used a bit of her style and done my own thing with it.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I almost miss a nice big snowstorm. We have had only a few very samll storms this year, the biggest and inch and a half. Thurs. night we're supposed to get a storm like yours, but they have been wrong every time so far this winter. It looks like you had a really productive fun day.

Margaret Applin said...

Sticky-back foam!!!! I love it!!!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Would love a big giant storm!!! Holly, your stamps are so charming; your piece is even moreso! Thank you for the shout-out; and I so look forward to seeing more of your piece in progress!! Take care, and stay warm my friend.