Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playing with paint, my Gelli and deli paper

There is some good that comes from being cocooned in the house while a storm swirls about outside.
This morning once I cleared up a few bits of house chores, I decided it might be a good time to try some Gelli printing onto deli paper. It was my first time and since I'm always one to jump right in, I did learn a few things for next time.
* I need to clear a bigger space because once you start rolling on the paint and printing, you lose control! Thankfully, I at least laid out a large sheet where I could throw down the pages as I finished.

* I need more rollers and sponge brushes so I don't have to keep stopping to wash them.

* I could use more stencils for interest and variation. That means more doodling and a session cutting some stencils.
The one above would make a good background for some journaling.
I thought at first that a lot of the prints were flops and that I have a lot to learn, which I do, but then I realized that each print is just another starting point.
So things like the bare spots where there wasn't enough paint, or where it had started to dry before I got it printed don't matter. In fact, as in the next one, it adds interest and provides a jumping off point for another piece of art.

I could barely make myself stop for lunch. At the table where I ate, I used matte medium to glue one print into my sketchbook.
When it was dry, I added some stamps and line work with a pen.
It's no great work of art but it is a really fun process which may provide lots of fodder for my fiber art.

I finally had to clean up some of my mess and get some things ready for supper. There'll be more deli paper printing in my future for sure!

4 comments:

Nancy Eaton said...

Aren't Gelli prints fun? Thanks for commenting on my blog -- I buy bookmark blanks from a shop on Etsy - then I collage on dictionary paper, then the gelli print. I finish with a coat of gloss gel, and then spray on matte finish. Gives it a really good feel. BTW, I really like your prints! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

7 WCLH ( Format: Collegе Radio Wіlkes Univеrѕity's radio station plays mostly alternative rock, but Mondays have seemingly always been "Metal Mondays. Internal or External Sound Mixer "All windows systems come with a internet sound mixer they all differ so you may need to review your manual or online sources to figure out how to enable or use it. A MOBILE APP GIVES THE STATION A DIRECT MARKETING CHANNEL TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR LISTENERS.

Feel free to visit my homepage :: online radio
My site > xyala.cap.ed.ac.uk

imquilternity said...

That really looks like a lot of fun. I had to laugh when you said you could barely make yourself stop for lunch. I know that feeling exactly. They are truly wonderful and I can't wait to see how you use them.

rtquilter said...

Great, Holly, but I give up! What is deli paper? Where do you find it?