Monday, February 18, 2013

Making a foam stamp

On Mondays and Tuesdays I typically don't have a car, so I get to stay home and be all domestic. I get a small bit of housework out of the way and then I can get creative.
This morning I drew some of my dried seed heads onto a piece of craft foam lightly with a ball point pen and then heavily enough to incise. One must remember that it will print in reverse.

I rolled on some water based screen printing ink and tested it on a piece of paper.

It worked pretty well. I'll touch up a few spots and then there is some printing I want to try using my Gelli plate and fabric. I read about it here.
After lunch, I finished putting together this little pouch. This time all went well as I followed an excellent tutorial. It's a little smaller than the directions called for because I used one of my prints. It measures about 7 inches across the top - just perfect for a little treasure.

3 comments:

elle said...

What a great tutorial and a great idea for stamps. This looks really cool, Holly. I see your weather is making the CBC news!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Looks great! Thanks for the tip on the tutorial. Did you use the foam they recommend? Can’t wait to see what you create using your stamp.

Gill said...

I love your foam stamps and what a gorgeous pouch! I have earmarked the tutorial but I haven't made it yet!!