Monday, December 3, 2012

A happy and creative start to the week

Despite my stress this morning at meeting a deadline (I'll tell you about it soon), it has turned out to be a rather happy day.
After a quick walk at lunch time, I decided I needed a little painting time which always soothes me. I have two holly bushes in my yard that I snipped bits from.

I painted two more Christmas cards. The only thing I need to do now is to start sending them! It is that time isn't it?

I added a little sparkle to the berries. I really must figure out how to catch it better in the photos.

At UFO day on Saturday, I quilted my table runner. I've cut the binding and hope to get that on this week.

Two things came in my mail today that excited me! First the latest Quilting Arts which I can't wait to read. My friend Margaret Applin has an article in it.
The big surprise was a package from the Sew Sisters quilt shop. In it were a t-shirt and several batik fat quarters along with a pin and a note of thanks for participating in their Blogathon. How thoughtful and generous! It was my first time participating in such a thing and I am quite amazed!

3 comments:

elle said...

Holly by Holly! excellent!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Such a happy pair of cards; lovely painting and just enough sparkle!

imquilternity said...

Oooooooh.....I love, love, love your holly cards. They are quite wonderful. The lucky recipients!!