Thursday, December 6, 2012

Snowflakes

I found good directions here for folding and cutting snowflakes, and I cut some more from freezer paper that I'm quite happy with. The smallest is about 2 1/2 inches and the largest about 31/2 inches, not so easy to cut!

Then I ironed them to a circle of white cotton and just before dabbing on the paint with a loofah sponge, I spritzed the fabric with water to dampen it.
I've left the paper on because I'm thinking the color may be drying a little too pale and I may need to deepen the color.
I will be adding more layers though.

I've also been slowly working on reorganizing my painting area. To make room for the new electric fireplace, we had to move this large Roxton TV cabinet. I've repurposed it for my art supplies and its perfect. All I need to do now is make some labels for the containers. Someday, I'd love to paint it.
Now if I could just get some Christmas decorating done! It's more fun to paint and sew!

4 comments:

elle said...

The link doesn't work, Holly and I do need to know as my snowflakes have a great lack! lol The fabric is really coming along. Ooh, yes, paint that big cupboard something fun! Looks VERY useful.

BloggerPlus App said...

As I can't figure out how to fix it in Blogger + , here is the link.

http://ms-t-inc.com/pdf-file/snowflak.pdf

Glady said...

The link for the snowflakes works now. I am going to print out the directions for my Jr. High Sunday School class. They want to decorate our room and these will be fun. Thanks for sharing, Holly.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh what a pretty idea!!! Love incorporating the snowflakes with fabric. You are so smart...

~Monika ; )